Pages

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Comparisons

Back in June I purchased 2 products from Target to compare to 2 products I have been using for a while. I have been testing and comparing for the past few weeks and I am now to a conclusion....



Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner ($10) vs L'Oreal HIP Color Truth Cream Eyeliner ($5)

Packaging and size: 
  • They are both in a circle glass pot with a plastic lid.
  • Maybelline .106 oz/3g
  • HIP .159 oz/4.5g
Color, consistency and lasting power:
  • From swatching them on my hand I think the HIP is more pigmented but then again it might not be since the Maybelline I've used for over a year and it has dried out a little bit.
  • The Maybelline formula is a cream consistency while the HIP is more of a mousse cream.
  • The HIP liner last longer than the Maybelline.
Brush:
  • The HIP's brush is crap like how most 'included' brushes are. The size of the brush isn't bad but the bristles hurt and they aren't cut even.
  • The Maybelline's brush actually isn't that bad. The bristles are stiff and don't separate. I actually use this brush with the HIP liner.
Winner: L'Oreal HIP Color Truth Cream Eyeliner

ELF Flawless Finish Foundation ($6) vs Makeup Forever HD Invisible Cover Foundation ($42)

As many of you know I am a huge ELF fan and own most of their products. I've seen their foundation in Target for a while now but never thought I'd try it because I was happy with the Makeup Forever foundation. Since it is summer, and I'm not in school, I have "lazy" days where I do my makeup and do a few errands or just go to the gym. I consider some days as a "waste of makeup". Lately I've been sort of irritated to use my $42 foundation when it wasn't really necessary so I thought I'd give ELF a try. I REALLY like the ELF Foundation.

Packaging and size:
  • They are both in a glass bottle with a pump
  • ELF .8 oz
  • MUFE 1.01 fl oz
Coverage, consistency, and color:
  • I was surprised that ELF's was fuller coverage than MUFE's foundation. The consistency of the ELF is thicker too. 
  • I have found that ELF's foundation keeps its color all day unlike the MUFE which ends up washing me out by the end of the day.
Shades:
The only bad thing about ELF's Foundation is that there aren't many shades available. I purchased Porcelain since it was the lightest. In MUFE's foundation I use 117 or 118 (it depends on if I have a tan or not). To compare the colors from the 2 brands I would say ELF's Porcelain is 117.5

Winner: ELF Flawless Finish Foundation even though it has a baby powder/perfume scent which you can only smell when applying.


xoxo Sarah Vega
As always please check out my links:
http://www.facebook.com/SarahVegaModel
http://www.modelmayhem.com/SarahVegaModel
http://www.twitter.com/SarahVegaModel
http://www.youtube.com/SarahVegaModel

No comments:

Post a Comment