Pages

Wednesday, September 6, 2017

August 2017 empties

Where did August go? It sure was a busy one for me with Birthplace of Route 66 Festival, Elvis Week, and going back to college. Even though I was busy I did manage to use up some products.


August 2017 empties


NYX Tinted Brow Mascara- I love this brow mascara. Whether you want to use this by itself in a rush or over the top of another brow product it works great. Another plus it that it is actually dark enough for my nearly black hair.

Wet n Wild Come Correct Concealer- I talked about this in the last empties post. This one is about 80% use up but the remainder is just a oily mess. I do love this very full coverage concealer. 

Maybelline Master Conceal- This concealer lasted forever. It was just okay. It was more on the liquidy and light/medium coverage side. I probably won't repurchase. 

ELF Lip Primer & Plumper - The primer side was AWFUL. It made lipsticks look terrible. After a couple uses it actually broke off so I just threw it away. I used the plumper side totally up. It did tingle but I'm not so sure it really plumped my already voluminous lips.

Avon Color Trend Lip Liner- I think this may be discontinued or was limited edition. I actually really enjoyed this lip liner because it just glided on like butter, except I have had it a long time and since it's so little it gets lost.

Maybelline Mineral Power Blush- This product is discontinued and is really old so that's why I am getting rid of it. There's still plenty of product left but I just never reach for a loose powder blush. In fact, I think this was the first blush I ever owned. 

BareMinerals Original Foundation- Powder foundations are not my cup of tea but I did use this as a setting powder to add coverage to light coverage liquid foundation and it did work okay. 


Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Moisturizer- My go-to daily moisturizer I have been using for years and will continue to use. I highly recommend

Biore Baking Soda Cleanser - This sample lasted me through several trips, however, the last 1/4 of the bottle was just straight up watery liquid that was a waste. I felt like this was a good cleanser. I might repurchase in the future

Peter Thomas Roth Mega Rich Body Lotion - It had a nice smell and worked good but not worth the full size for $18 for only 8oz

Lancome Bienfait Multi-Vital Moisturizing Night Cream- This is the second container sample container I have used up and I have 1 more left. It's nice and moisturizing but personally I wouldn't buy a full size for $52

Laura Geller Spackle Treatment Even Tone Primer- I was pleasantly surprised by this primer. Primers and me don't usually get along but I'm actually considering buying this product in the next Ulta sale

Dr Brandt 3D Filler Mask- These little foil packets for skincare are a joke. With the 2 uses I can't tell a difference. 

Philosophy Ultimate Miracle Worker Night Cream- This was a good product but didn't do anything special for my skin. I would never purchase full size for $80



Equate Nail Polish Remover- Works great to remove hard to get off polishes and glitters. 

Secret Clinical Strength Invisible Solid- Wow I could definitely tell this deodorant worked a lot better than the previous Secret gel one I was using. I will continue to purchase this Clinical Strength version. 

Hello Extra Whitening Flouride Toothpaste- I wanted to like this so bad but no it is not good at all! As soon as you start brushing your teeth it literally just disappears and you are brushing with nothing. My teeth don't feel all that clean afterwards either. 

TRESemme Tres Two Extra Firm Control Hairspray- My go to hairspray especially for traveling.  

Pantene Air Spray Hairspray- I received 4 of these travel size bottles at an event. I had used up my TRESemme so I decided to use this. First let me say it works great as a hairspray. What makes me not like it is the day after when you are washing it out it leaves your hair looking like it has dandruff. I am not sure what I am going to do with the other 3 bottles. 


Freeman Charcoal & Black Sugar Polishing Mask- There are several uses in this packet. It had a weird texture but did work well to exfoliate. For only being $2 I will buy one for the winter months when my skin is really dry and needs to be exfoliated. 

Yes To Argan Oil Mud Mask- This packet had about 3 uses in it. I don't think it made that much difference in my skin. I probably won't purchase again. 

Tan Towel Self Tan Towelette- I'm very pale so I was a little hesitant to use this tanning towelette but it worked better than I thought. It had a nice smell and within a couple of hours I could see a that my arms and face had some added color. I might repurchase to keep on hand for special events

Up & Up Sheer Sunscreen Lotion- This spf 100 is discontinued unfortunately, but I did link to a spf 30. I am very pale and work at car shows so I need sunscreen. I totally HATE the chemical smell of sunscreen so I literally stood in Target smelling sunscreen to see which one had the least smell. This was the winner and I really enjoyed this sunscreen

Hawaiian Tropic Island Sport spf 30- This sunscreen has worked well. I haven't gotten any sunburns when I have used it. The biggest plus to this particular sunscreen is the tropical smell. 

Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes- These are just okay. They are not as "juicy wet" as the Neutrogena ones so you have to rub harder and follow up with micellar water on a cotton pad to remove the remainder of makeup.

Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes- You've seen these in almost every post of mine. I love them. Highly recommend.



xoxo Sarah Vega
As always please check out my links:
http://www.facebook.com/SarahVegaModel
http://sarahvegamodel.tumblr.com/
http://www.instagram.com/SarahVegaModel
http://www.modelmayhem.com/SarahVegaModel

No comments:

Post a Comment